Celebrating the Winter Garden In-Person / Online
Join us on Thursday, January 19 at 10:30 am for the first session of our Gardening Series! We will have Warren Leach from Tranquil Lake Nursery to speak about the winter garden.
The winter garden is truly a low-maintenance affair and a time to enjoy - no weeding, no watering, and no deadheading! The winter landscape may be quiescent but the garden need not be bleak. Plants with brightly colored berries, twigs, stems, foliage, and even winter-blooming flowers shrug off the snow and cold. They bring cheer, even as the sun enters Capricorn. Landscape horticulturist Warren Leach will showcase gardens he has designed that celebrate the winter season as well as planting design ideas for your own garden.
The URI Master Gardeners will also be on-site with an information kiosk before and after the talk to answer any gardening questions you have.
Free and open to all. Registration is required with in-person and Zoom (online) options available!
After the presentation, seniors 60-years-of-age and older are invited to go down to the Peck Center for lunch at 11:45 am. Lunch can be enjoyed for a suggested donation of $3. Please call 401-247-1926 x201 to reserve your seat for lunch at least 24 hours before.
Complete List of Lectures in Barrington Public Library's Gardening Series:
- January 19: Celebrating the Winter Garden
- January 31: Composting for Gardeners
- February 16: Planting for Native Pollinators
- February 28: Vegetable Gardening for Beginners
- March 16: Native Carnivorous Plants
- March 28: Escaping the Stranglehold of Invasive Plants
- April 13: Backyard Gardening: Getting Back to our Roots
- April 25: Regenerative Farming with Community Involvement
- May 11: The Wonder of Trees
- May 23: TBD - Barrington Land Conservation Trust
This program is co-sponsored by The Friends of the Barrington Library and the Peck Center for Adult Enrichment.
- Thursday, January 19, 2023
- 10:30am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Salem Family Auditorium