What's All the Buzz About Native Plants? In-Person / Online
Join us on Thursday, March 7 at 1 pm for a Native Plants 101 Workshop led by Barrington residents Cindy and Ed Moura, owners of Prickly Ed's Cactus Patch Native Plant Emporium. There is a lot of buzz these days about native plants and for good reason! This interactive workshop will include lots of practical information and imagery that will have you yearning for springtime.
The session will answer the following questions:
- What exactly is a native plant?
- Why are native plants so important for birds and pollinators and why does this matter?
- Why are native plants at the root of resilient landscaping practices?
- How can nearly anyone find some ways to incorporate native plants in their yards and gardens?
- What are keystone native plants and why are they extra important?
- How can native plants be a powerful tool for home vegetable gardeners?
- What are some key considerations when selecting native plants for your garden?
The workshop will close by addressing ways to overcome some common worries and challenges in native plant design in your garden with a focus on a few simple tricks and tips for success.
Part of our 2024 Gardening Series.
Please note: this is a hybrid event. You will have the option to register "in-person" meaning you will come to the library to attend the talk or "online" meaning you will attend virtually through Zoom Webinar. You must register to receive Zoom link.
- Thursday, March 7, 2024
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Salem Family Auditorium