Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Free Soil Testing with the URI Master Gardeners In-Person
How healthy is your soil? Get it tested with the URI Master Gardeners who will be at the library on Saturday, March 18 from 10 am - 12 pm. The test will find out its pH, and help you decide how you can make your soil better.
Prepare your sample using the following steps:
- Dig a few large scoops of dirt from 4-6 inches below the surface in the area you want to test.
- Airdry the soil on newspaper or paper towels overnight
- When the dirt is dry, place 1/2 cup in a plastic baggie or container.
- Label the baggie with a permanent marker, i.e. front lawn, vegetable garden, etc.
- Bring your samples to the library. Your results will be ready in about 30 minutes.
Each person can bring up to two samples.
Soil testing will happen outside the main entrance to the library with a rain location in the Collis Family Gallery (second floor of the library). The URI Master Gardeners will also have an informational kiosk set up where you can ask questions and learn about proper gardening techniques.
Free and open to all. No registration required.